Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is currently available in more than one-hundred languages and we are adding many more. 88% of our users are already from outside of North America and we continue to expand internationally. As a Technical Program Manager on Facebook's Translation Crowdsourcing Platform, you will help drive this mission forward by making more languages available than on any other platform! You will work with engineering, design and growth marketing teams to research and prioritize requirements, plan and design features and build the next generation of our Translation Crowdsourcing Platform. You will also work cross-functionally to prioritize languages and inform the strategy for supporting Facebook's language roadmap. The ideal candidate is passionate about collaboration, emerging market languages, and has experience with software engineering.
* Define and execute the Translation Crowdsourcing Platform roadmap by driving collaboration with engineers, designers and other product stakeholders.
* Inform and execute on the language roadmap making Facebook available in new languages.
* Oversee and support the development and rollout of new features.
* Create programs to build new language communities and support existing ones.
* Manage cross-functional product development programs in a matrix organization covering a range of teams and tools.
* Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
* Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
* Communicate project status to stakeholders and various key teams around the organization.
* Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
* Interface with several different Engineering teams for project requirements and scope.
* Help drive product and tooling decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
* Bachelor in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience.
* 3+ years of technical program management, product management or software engineering experience.
* Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams.
* Organizational, coordination, and multitasking experience.
* Experience in analyzing data sets, and interpreting them to make business decisions.
* Experience designing user interfaces – experience creating examples through wire frames and mock ups.
* Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications.
* Hands-on experience with crowdsourcing or other community/crowdsourcing localization programs.
* Knowledge with the Facebook translation platform as well as other computer-aided translation tools.
* Knowledge of additional languages (other than English).
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on the IMUG Jobs Board