Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As a Technical Program Manager on Internationalization, you will drive this mission forward by addressing language and regionally specific challenges to improve people's experience on the Facebook family of apps around the world. You will work with engineers, designers, growth marketing analysts, UX researchers and across the company to identify and execute product solutions to meet local market needs. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience in internationalization and software engineering/product development.
* Define and execute on the Internalization roadmap by driving collaboration with engineers, designers and other product stakeholders.
* Oversee and support the development and rollout of new features that address language and regional challenges and opportunities.
* Manage cross-functional product development programs in a matrix organization covering a range of teams, products and tools.
* Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
* Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
* Communicate project status to stakeholders and various key teams around the organization.
* Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
* Interface with several different Engineering teams for project requirements and scope.
* Help drive product and tooling decisions to align with company initiatives.
* B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of technical program management, product management or software engineering experience.
* Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams.
* Organizational, coordination, and multitasking experience.
* Experience in analyzing data sets, and interpreting them to make business decisions.
* Experience driving feature and product launches for countries where English is not the primary language.
* Experience solving language and regionally specific product challenges.
* Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications.
* Knowledge of additional languages (other than English).
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on the IMUG Jobs Board