Job Title: Sr. Localization Engineer
Location: Irving, TX
Duration: 12 Months
Compensation: $43-73/HR (Can possibly go higher on the rate for the ideal candidate.)
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Openings: 1
Short Description: This position is for a highly skilled and experienced Senior Software Localization Engineer. The Software Localization Engineer is accountable for all areas of software localization, including content development, authoring and final production. The Software Localization Engineer works closely with cross-functional teams to resolve localization engineering related technology and process issues and performs technical tasks on projects per project plan instructions to ensure high quality and on-time deliveries. A strong background in software design and localization systems integration is necessary.
Responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of applications and operational processes associated with software localization.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering, computer science or information systems, and/or equivalent formal training or technical certification
• 7+ year’s work experience in information technology/engineering environment.
• Masters preferred.
• Skills and Competencies:
• Understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices.
• Architecture design and modeling capabilities.
• Understanding of a wide variety of technologies.
• Ability to apply industry/technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and/or minimize risk regarding the integration of applications across multiple product systems and delivery channels.
• Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense high-tech environment.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Documentation, written and verbal communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills to be able to interface effectively with a broad range of contacts; from technical staff to management.
• Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and to work successfully under pressure.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities: Oversees projects / products from inception to successful delivery. Participate in cross functional collaboration, analysis, architecture, design and implementation to achieve business objectives and goals. Resolve high priority business driven problems. Communicates concepts, costs/benefit, risks/management and options that the audience will understand and endorse. Ensures a holistic approach to problem resolution and improvements that considers all areas of products and services. Provides technical leadership and responsibility for technical excellence on all projects/initiatives. Perform other duties as assigned.
Highly desirable skills and experience include:
• Linux system administration experience
• Solid knowledge of software development frameworks, languages, scripting languages and database systems.
• Solid in-depth knowledge of internationalization and localization industry and its technical aspects.
• Solid experience with a variety of Translation Management Systems, particularly Smartling and SDL WorldServer
• Localization workflow management
• Component Content Management (XML/HTML); able to work in HTML/XML code view
• Global Content Management Systems such as Adobe Experience Manager
• Good knowledge of localization and internationalization of complex software products
• Solid experience with localization tools (TRADOS, Passolo, SDL, WorldServer etc.)
• Strong team player in a multi-language/multi-cultural environment.
• Fluency in English required and second language preferred.
• Work with developers, localization program managers, reviewers and release management as necessary to deliver localized content and products on time and with high linguistic quality.
• Responsible for producing localized versions of software products in a variety of languages in collaboration with the globalization team and external localization vendors.
• Architect technology, systems and tools for mitigating i18n, l10n and LING issues and streamlining processes.
• Facilitate adoption of machine translation and pseudo-localization tools
• Design and implement tools, scripts and processes to aid in localization testing, UI screen capture and other accessory elements of software localization and documentation translation.
• Coordinate all phases of assigned translation projects including pre-processing and post-processing of files using standard localization tools, file tracking, versioning and management, and project archiving •Review and troubleshoot defects escalated by vendors, international offices and partners to determine problem source and support problem resolution.
• Define and prepare localization toolkit, containing all resource files, translation instructions processes for software globalization and localization
• Supervising technical processes workflow in terms of quality and productivity of the vendor
• Work in close collaboration with software engineers and product teams to proactively review products and processes for potential localizability problems.
• Participate in the design, development and maintenance of various internal tools with the aim of establishing repeatable, lean and automated processes for product localization.
• Support external localization teams by answering technical questions concerning software localization and documentation translation kits.