Adobe Globalization team seeks an experienced Globalization Engineer to help with the internationalization (i18n) and localization (l10n) of the Adobe Experience Cloud. We are looking for someone with a passion for different languages and cultures, who also has the technical knowledge/skills necessary to translate this passion into world-class, world-ready software. The successful candidate will work as part of a small, geographically-dispersed team with members in the United States, India, Europe, Japan and China, so the ability to communicate effectively across cultures and time zones is essential.
What you’ll do
• Work closely with core development teams to ensure products are properly internationalized and easily localizable.
• Resolve internationalization and localization bugs and implement long-term internationalization and localization enhancements.
• Maintain and optimize localization automation process to ensure high-quality and fast translation cycle.
• Develop and optimize Continuous Localization infrastructure for software and documentation localization of Adobe Experience Cloud.
What you need to succeed
• BS or MS in Computer Science (or related field).
• Strong background in software internationalization and localization.
• Solid experience with web and mobile application development.
• Expertise with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby etc.
• Familiarity with agile development methodologies and CI/CD (continuous integration and continuous delivery) - including experience in CL (continuous localization).
• Familiarity with localization industry tools and standards.
• Knowledge/experience/interest in AI/ML/NLP and Multimedia localization would be a plus.
• Experience/ knowledge of Adobe Experience Cloud solutions would be a major differentiator.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Self-motivated to lead new innovative initiatives and continuously learn new skills.
• Collaborative leadership by driving strong collaboration between different teams would be a major plus.
• Good social and presentation skills.
• Solid knowledge/experience with at least one foreign language.
• Customer Empathy - ability to share and understand Adobe’s international customer experience.