About us (http://www.spartansoftwareinc.com
Spartan Software provides translation technologies that enable international commerce and cross-language communication. We have built a robust business in the Localization industry based on our three core values: Reliable People, Scalable Process and Cost-Effective Technology.
We started out in 2008 as a one-person consulting firm, and we’ve grown steadily as a team of software development professionals and subject matter experts. We have taken large scale applications from concept to production for our long-standing clients, and deliver mission critical software on time and within budget. Most important of all, we have developed lasting relationships with our clients and partners. Our industry is experiencing tremendous growth due to globalization and the explosion of online content worldwide.
Why join Spartan? With us, you will be exposed to engineering, consulting, business operations and career development.
We’re hiring talented Software Engineers to join our small team of localization experts. We have ambitious goals to help more clients and establish ourselves as industry leaders in the Localization industry, and you’ll achieve these goals with us! If you’re interested in a role where you’ll have more influence and impact, and solve business challenges and technical challenges we’d love to hear from you!
What’s cool about joining Spartan?
* We have a profitable model, industry leading solutions, and happy clients to keep us running.
* We’re a great place to learn about running a business.
* We’re improving Localization across the globe and you’ll help clients from overseas or in our backyard.
* You’ll learn from subject matter experts and you’ll become one, yourself.
Here’s more detail on what you’ll do:
* Design cost-effective translation automation solutions for our customers. We provide our services on a unique business model that supports us and our clients in giving them the best solution for their needs.
* Develop world-class engineering products for our customers.
* Participate in open source initiatives.
Here’s what we’re looking for in a strong candidate:
* 2+ years of Java experience.
* 2+ years of professional software engineering experience.
* Experience developing a web application or web-based internal tool.
* Interest in learning new technologies and contributions to open source. Feel free to share a link to a project you’re proud of or your GitHub.
* Strong communication skills and an interest in communicating occasionally with clients.
* Experience with relational database/MySQL design.
* Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field.
* Above all: reliable, hardworking, team player
Bonus points for:
* Experience as a consultant or a small team where you’re used to requirements changing and context switching. We don’t have the luxury of focusing on the same problem for months at a time so flexibility is key :)
* Experience writing and working with REST API’s.
* Experience with basic Linux administration.
* Localization experience.
* Understanding how translators (e.g. people) want to work.
What we’re offering:
* Competitive salary and annual bonus structure.
* Fidelity SIMPLE IRA to help you save for the future.
* Full medical and dental benefits. We cover 100% of the premiums for employees.
* 15 days PTO + 10 paid holidays off annually + the day off on your birthday
* Opportunity to travel internationally to attend industry events and conferences.
* Relaxed office close to BART, Muni and bus lines in the Financial District of San Francisco.
* We do a lot of team lunches and 1-on-1s here. We believe very strongly in the importance and benefits of setting aside time to talk, whether it’s on your team or with company leadership members. We’re a place where we encourage you to have your voice heard.
* We value work-life balance here at Spartan, which means regular work hours and flexible schedules so you can manage your priorities outside the office :)