Shutterstock is looking for top technologists to build our internationalization frameworks and localization features. Your work will continually improve the global experience used worldwide by millions of customers daily. At Shutterstock, developers work on small cross-functional teams that have a voice in setting their own priorities and work to build and deploy applications iteratively.
• Contribute to all aspects of the projects under the team’s ownership, including design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
• Play a major role in the development of key libraries, services, and tools within the Shutterstock ecosystem.
• Support the administration and development of Shutterstock’s translation databases and keyword translation dictionaries.
• Help other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
• Collaborate on the vision of supporting our users globally in their desired language throughout all of our tech stacks.
• 3+ years of relevant software development experience.
• Experience in at least one of the following: Node.js, Python, Ruby, Modern Perl, PHP, Java, Scala, etc.
• Experience working with Unicode data: input, processing, formatting, output.
• Experience in SQL and at least one RDBMS.
• Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem-solving, OO Design, and system architecture).
• Good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests, and automated testing.
• Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
• Ability to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
• Experience working with translations in apps, sites, or services.
• Experience working with data localization: numbers, prices, dates, times, etc.
• Experience working in an agile environment.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on the IMUG Jobs Board