Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Our Content Team is looking for a seasoned Localization leader to work with a group of stakeholders and vendors to ease the delivery of localized content from marketing, product, training, and support teams to our customers around the world. You will be tasked with centralizing our overall localization strategy, looking out for ways to improve our “localization collaboration” by streamlining workflows across the organization, easing the flow of content, and making sure we build a structure that will scale as the business needs. You have a strong problem-solving mind to close complex problems and are not against rolling up your sleeves and add value to get the job done within a growing company with an ever-evolving product.
- Centralize the localization effort within Coupa by leading a direct- and dotted-line organization of staff and stakeholders to share knowledge, outcomes, and feedback around localization and internationalization.
- Work with Management and Stakeholders to define Coupa’s localization strategy, including localization approach and process, target languages and localization scope (which assets will be localized into which languages).
- Be the main point of contact for departments and stakeholders for translation/localization.
- Take full responsibility for executing the E2E localization strategy, including managing the localization of selected assets into target languages, moving them into production and supporting them in production.
- Work with team members on standards for content and building a centralized asset/language library.
- Work with upstream asset creation teams (content creators, marketing teams, development/product management, etc.) to define and implement internationalization best practices, ensuring that Coupa assets can support our international customers and be easily localized.
- Ensure smooth and scalable localization handoffs and deliveries with the localization vendors and keep regular communications with them to ensure that both sides are set up for success on an ongoing basis
- Experience with different localization methods in addition to document translation, including reverse translation, CMS integration, video subtitle and voiceover (dubbing) localization
- Document workflows and keep an open communications channel with other team members so as to share ideas, best practices, and tools
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, such as Marketing and Help Content teams, and guide them on how to best integrate their CMSs into the Localization pipeline and/or improve existing integrations
- Strategic thinker. Required to, in close collaboration with other stakeholders, build and execute on strategic projects for process improvement and technical innovation to evolve l10n and i18n processes, tools and best practices and scale to meet the changing needs of our growing business.
- Working knowledge of TMS (Translation Management System) and related technical tools
- 4+ years of project management experience
- 6+ years of content/localization management experience
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and questioning current practices
- Excellent English communication skills, both in writing and in speaking
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams with direct and dotted-line relationships
- Culturally sensitive and the ability to work well with a diverse team
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently and be able to chart the direction of projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving experience coupled with excellent business judgment
- Very detail-oriented, quality-focused, and proactive
- Excellent team player
- Vendor management experience in a mature l10n environment as a client
- Fluency in at least one other language besides English, preferably one or more of the languages we support
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.