This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of San Mateo, CA apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from San Mateo, CA.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
Linguistic QA – Spanish
In this senior linguistic QA position, you will be responsible for delivering high quality localized Spanish products (UI strings, documentation and packaging material) for Latin America and Spain.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities
• Reviewing localized UI strings, Documentations and Packaging materials for both LATAM and European.
• Checking that the localized material uses appropriate and approved terminology and style based on the existing reference material (Style Guide, Glossaries, Software Terminology Guide) for the various PlayStation product lines (PS4, PSVita, PS3, NP, etc)
• Making sure that localized material meets high quality language standards
• Communicating directly with Vendors’ lead linguists for various terminology issues encountered during a project
• Communicating with other localization team members, regional reviewers and vendors’ lead linguists as needed
• Analyzing available information and making the best decisions for terminology usage based on discussions with lead linguists, LQA team, regional reviewers and project PMs
• Conducting in-context reviews of translated strings using various PlayStation device or APPs
• 40 hours per week.
Minimum Job Qualifications
• BS or BA in Linguistic /English or Translation / Interpretation related field
• Native level in Spanish (LatAm) but be familiar with Locale specific difference in usage of EU Spanish
• 5+ years of experience with translation and linguistic QA of technology products
• Familiarity with Translation Memory and Localization Tools
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and web applications
• Excellent track record in delivering Localized Spanish Products
• Ability to perform under pressure, prioritizing and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions and stay focused in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills (English & Spanish) both in writing and in speaking
• In-depth knowledge of terminology assets including glossaries and localization style guides
• Must be able to work independently, be a good team player, demonstrate respect for others and meet commitment under tight deadlines
Preferred Knowledge / Skills
• Knowledge of gaming industry and gaming consoles
• Experience with testing of localized software applications and knowledge of internationalization and localization issues
• Familiar with Bug tracking systems
• Experience working in global markets and/or living in different Spanish speaking countries.
• Knowledge of other language(s) is a plus