Language Data Specialist
Location: San Jose CA – or – Toronto Canada
(part time/remote may be possible for some roles however, current work eligibility status and residence in the US or Canada is required)
Seeking fluent, native language speakers
Intern (seniors or new grads only)
Contractor (Part time/Full time)
We are looking for someone who loves languages and technology, is proficient in English and is a native, fluent speaker in at least one of the following languages:
We validate voice recordings to build and train our speech and language models. As a Language Data Specialist on our Speech Training Data Team, you will help collect and validate the quality of language data, provide language and cultural-specific input, contribute language translations, work with data vendors and provide feedback to improve our tools. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the creation of best practices and procedures as we grow the team.
- Validate and annotate data for accuracy
- Work with data vendors
- Some language translation, editing and annotation
- Help to refine language quality testing, verification and administration procedures
- Manage to milestones, meet deadlines and communicate status
- Provide input and guide decisions for our system’s features
- Work with the teams responsible for building our tools to improve the accuracy and quality of our data
You Must Be:
- Eligible to work in the US
- Native and fluent in one of the above languages (written, verbal and grammar).
- Extremely focused and enjoy completing detailed, repetitive data quality verification tasks daily, at a very high quality level
- Self-motivated with an interest in speech recognition and related emerging technologies
- Flexible and collaborative, but you can also work independently and enjoy taking on new tasks
- Accountable. You take 100% ownership with an extremely high attention to detail and follow through
- Intrigued by language and science, and the possibilities created when these two things meet
- Proficient in English
It's Beneficial If You:
- Have completed formal language studies, have a language degree or have a degree in Linguistics or equivalent experience
- Have experience as a data evaluator or have worked with training data for machine learning
- Are experienced working with data vendors
- Have data curation, data quality or software QA experience
- Have experience working with external business partners and vendors
- Have software programming experience or have taken software courses
- Have project management/coordination experience
- Are experienced with Google Docs, Excel and Jira
- Are a music lover and enjoy solving puzzles!
How to apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter via the link below. At the top please include "Language Applicant, <your name>, <your language>". Please make sure to include in the email your eligibility to work in the US and the list & strength of all your language skills – reading, writing, grammar and speaking. Please specify which is your native language and be sure to note all language proficiency levels.
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning. We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, and every other part of the emerging ‘connected’ world. Our consumer product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning™ and Deep Meaning Understanding™ technologies to create a groundbreaking smartphone experience, and is the first product to build on the Houndify platform. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. Through the Houndify platform and Collective AI, we aim to bring voice-enabled AI to everyone and enable others to build on top of it. Our mission: Houndify everything.