As a globalization (aka Moji) team, our mission is to expand Box's global reach and provide phenomenal work experience to our customers—no matter where they are and what language they speak. To do this, we first analyze the company's international markets and priorities. We then build infrastructure and add support for our top markets in collaboration with many teams throughout Box and partner companies. We are always looking for innovative ways to run international, and we constantly share our knowledge with the broader localization community. Does this sound like a job for you?
Why the team needs you
International users represent an ever growing population of Box's total user base. As such, the Moji team looks to creative solutions to address these needs. In this role, you will build internal continuous localization platforms for product, marketing, community and other teams. You will also be responsible for infrastructure that will enable Box's user-facing applications to work globally. And, of course, you will promote a global-by-design culture among engineers at Box.
Why you need Box
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. Box is an exciting, fast paced company that has the benefits of being post-IPO, but the energy of a startup. As a full-stack engineer on our team, you will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of internationalization, as well as put your stamp on the global footprint of Box.
Who you are
* A senior, full-stack engineer with experience building web-based and/or mobile applications
* You understand the value of good software design and architecture, as well as end user impact
* Ability to learn quickly and work across teams with both technical and non-technical partners
* You are enthusiastic and look to push the bar higher
* Strong data structures and algorithms knowledge
* Web service development expertise (RESTful APIs)
* Experience with MySQL, Memcache and Hive
* Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructure systems
* Experience with *nix platforms
* Deep understanding and experience with software internationalization & localization
* Thorough knowledge of ICU, CLDR, and ISO standards
* Experience in writing internationalization tools and/or automating localization processes
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on the IMUG Jobs Board